eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Two words: Dominic Kinkaide!

Until We Burn (Beautifully Broken, #2.5) - Courtney Cole

I have a feeling Courtney Cole loves Dominic Kinkaide so much, she made the excuse of wanting to gift her readers with a novella with a backstory of the handsome, kinky, bad boy – just so that she can write more Dom.

But you know what? Lucky us! *points at self and grins*

This is going to be short and sweet, in a kinky, cold and brutal kind of way.

Dominic is fucked up beyond belief. He has a great public image, but he is a seriously disturbed and kinky individual. He loves sex, he loves women, he loves sexual satisfaction and he especially loves watching. But his kink is driven by self abstinence of a sort. Or vice versa? I’m not so sure.

Dominic shows some redeeming personality qualities which make him an intriguing contradiction, so again – at this point I don’t know why he’s so cold and dark. But what I do know is that he treats the one woman in his life with whom he’s sexually involved on a semi-regular basis, like trash.

Whether or not she deserves it is not really the question here.

Why that is? This is the 64 million dollar question! And an answer to that we get in Before We Fall, the third novel in the Beautifully Broken series, released December 3rd, 2013.

Until We Burn is not a must read before reading Before We Fall. However, I recommend spending the hour it takes to read it just to get a deeper feel of the extent to which Dominic is damaged. Also, I absolutely loved him right off the bat. There’s something about those kinky boys.

This review and others can be found on The Book Hammock!