eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Unhinge the Universe

Unhinge the Universe - Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt I was very reluctant to read this book. I've had a lifetime of WW2 and Holocaust drama, being born and raised where I have, and have very rarely encountered a related topic that didn't touch the "Final Solution." So I read the premise of UtU and decided to give it a shot.Not sorry at all. The story is about an intel operation during the final year of the war that went sour. Hagen Friedrich, and SS officer, asked to accompany his brother Siegfried, a Wehrmacht (Germany army forces) officer and his team on a mission commissioned by a very high ranking person. They are eliminated encounter with an Allied forces team and Sieg is taken hostage for questioning by American soldiers, only to die right before being rescued by Hagen, who parachuted a distance away and tracked them down.John Nicholls is the American officer in charge of questioning Sieg and determining the purpose of the Wehrmacht forces on their way to a neutral territory, but he dies almost upon arrival to the camp. And then.... Hagen is captured.