eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)

The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) - Samantha Towle I REALLY enjoyed this story.When reading the summary, I was thinking - oh, we've been reading this story over and over for ages now. But then - BAM. Samantha Towle gives her own version of the best friend turned lover of a rock star. Trudy Bennett is a beautiful young woman with a boyfriend, a good job and a repressed love to her childhood best friend who's left 12 years ago with his family and became a rock star in recent years.Jake Wethers is the handsome rocker who've been secretly in love with his best friend. He's made a name for himself as the stereotypical rock star and when they meet again, Trudy isn't sure getting involved with Jake for a short fling and risking her relationship with her boyfriend is a good idea.But we all know what happens next. That's when it all turns to shit and old secrets and old scars are revealed.Not knowing how to deal with fame and the repercussions or even if she wants to, Trudy needs to make a tough call.Towle is writing a touching story, with hidden depth and sweet, frustrating characters that are lost and find each other as all good love stories should be.I'd rate this book somewhere around the 4.5 stars. Any story that makes me choke sobs is worth it.