eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover I had to digest this story before reviewing it. It was such an emotional roller-coaster, but not as much as it was a fabulous collection of clues that were scattered throughout the story, but you didn't even realize they're clues until the last quarter of the book, when things started to fall into place and you get those Whoa! moments.Sky lives with her adoptive mother in this little Texas town, being homeschooled and deprived of ANY form of technology in her own home. Her mother won't allow it for it corrupts the mind. Her only friend is Six, who lives next door. She meets Holder, who's basically attacking her demanding to know who she is the first time they meet. A couple of more chance encounters bring them together, and neither of them denies the bond. However, Holder knows more about her than she knows about him. All she thinks is that he's a misunderstood hopeless boy. But when she learns the truth, emotions start going wild. Both for the characters AND the reader.It's wonderfully written, the emotional and physical buildup between the characters is fabulous. "The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you." He drops his hands and keeps his eyes locked on mine while he backs up to the stove. He turns around to tend to the pasta like he didn't just ruin me for any other guy for the rest of my life.I can't feel my legs, so I do the only thing I can. I slide down the refrigerator until my butt meets the floor, and I inhale. That's just a tease of the unresolved tension between them during the first part of the story. This is absolutely one of the best reads for 2012.