eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices)

Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare Not going to go into lengths with this review for several reasons, one of which is that too much stuff is happening in it.I think overall it was a good and fitting ending to this trilogy. It was full of action, plotting, evil and good, love and sadness and a truly imaginative story. I enjoyed the connection to The Mortal Instruments series and the whole world Cassandra Clare created is rather beautiful.In this trilogy, we have a pretty fascinating romantic triangle and a tragic one at that. I thought the resolution for the situation was very fitting and though sad and somewhat heartbreaking, it made sense to me.What happened in the epilogue, though, felt to me like a cop out. I realize this may come as a spoiler to you, so don't read further: The Silent Brothers "condition" is for life. That's what a Shadowhunter takes upon himself when he signs up. To reverse that, when it hasn't been mentioned before as a possibility (not in TMI or ID as far as I can recall!!!) is almost simply cheating. I would have preferred that Clare stuck to her decision. But I guess we can't win it all.This is the reason I gave this book 4 stars. Up to the epilogue it really deserved 5 stars.