eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Funny, swoony and as expected - beautiful!

Finding Cinderella - Colleen Hoover

I can’t profess my love for Colleen Hoover’s words enough. I think she is incapable of writing a story that won’t affect the readers’ hearts. She is also an author who appreciates her readers so much, she sprung a gift on us. A Hopeless related novella.

When I tried remembering who exactly Daniel is, knowing he’s Holder’s best friend, the first thing that came to my mind is that scene at the beginning of Hopeless where Daniel taunts Grayson by saying he slept with Sky. Naturally, he didn’t even know who Sky was at that point, but this scene left me with the image of him as a goofball, slightly inappropriate but good friend of Holder.

And Daniel is all that, but he also isn’t.

Two chance meetings with a girl in the maintenance closet leave Daniel with taste for more. But he’s forced to settle for her memory, captured only in his senses. He doesn’t know what she looks like and he doesn’t know her name.

A year later, he meets Sky’s best friend, Six, who’s come back from her stay in Italy. Six wasn’t a major character in Hopeless, but I loved her easygoing nature and her bond with Sky a lot. I also never read the blurb for this novella, having so much trust in CoHo’s words (how can I go wrong with something Hopeless related?), that Six came as a complete surprise to me. LOL

Daniel is definitely giving Holder (and Will, see Slammed!) a run for their money in the swoons department, I’ll give him that. When he needs to, he says and does the perfect thing, even if in a roundabout way.

“Don’t open your eyes,” I whisper, still staring at her. “Give me ten more seconds to stare, because you look absolutely beautiful right now.”

I loved how Daniel and Six connect in this story.

It’s different with Six, though. Not only does she get my sense of humor and my personality, but I feel like she encourages it. I feel like the real me is what she likes the most and every time she laughs or smiles at the perfect moment, I want to fist bump her.

They are literally perfect for each other and have no idea who the other is, until they do. And then a secret is threatening to break them apart.

The writing is perfect, the story flows, the characters are brilliant and the dialogue is funny and emotional.

This review and others can be found on The Book Hammock!

Eleanor_heart