eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1) - Julieanne Reeves Need to sleep on this one. It's all turmoil in my head right now. In one word: GAH!OK, here goes:Kayne Dobrescu, a state trooper traumatized by the death of his whole family when his wife took the life of his children and committed suicide in front of him meets Jessica Hallstatt, a widow with children of her own. That's pretty much the only thing I can share, because the rest is just one epic plot, with twists and turns and a ridiculous amount of tears shed.I read this story in less than a day, and that's impressive considering we're talking about a full length, complex novel.Julieanne Reeves definitely has a way with words. This story is beautifully and artfully written, in a way that will keep you holding your breath, widening your eyes and crying when you least expect it. There are so many different facets to the plot, and so many little - supposedly insignificant - sub stories that intertwine cleverly in to this love story that was fated from the very beginning. Literally. The VERY beginning.I sometimes like to stop and highlight paragraphs and lines I like when I read. It didn't even cross my mind, probably because the flow was perfect. I'm only assuming the next book is Nick and Sarah's story. And if this first book in the series is anything to suggest the future, Nick of Time will be fantastic. Looking forward to april 2013.