eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1)

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1) - Great story. This dystopian novel goes way past the normal 100-200 years into the future on earth. We're talking probably triple that if not more.Cinder is a adopted cyborg on earth. A little like Cinderella, she's a slave to her guardian (step-mother) and 2 sisters. Only one of the sisters is actually kind hearted and loves Cinder. Peony, though, gets infected by a plague brought to earth from the Moon by fugitive Lunars.Here enters Prince Kai, who brings his android to be fixed by Cinder in her booth at the market. Cinder is the best mechanic in the Commonwealth. Kai is quite taken with her, but doesn't know she's a cyborg. Meanwhile, her "mother" gets rid of Cinder after Peony is taken into quarantine. She sends her to the palace's labs as a "volunteer" test subject in pursuit of finding a cure for the plague. The doctor manning the lab, the head scientist, immediately recognizes Cinder for who she truly is.And the story gets all twisty from there.There are few fairytale scenes adapted into this work in the book. Like the foot, the ball, the dress, Cinderella herself. But the story is very much a futuristic nightmare.I loved it! Onto Scarlet!!