eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)

Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2) - Christine  Bell What a fun read. When I read Down for the Count, I absolutely loved Galen and how he healed Lacey.With Down and Dirty, I felt pretty much the same way about Shane. He's almost the perfect man. He's good looking, fit, smart, sexy and unbelievably swoony. And that's all nothing compared to his oral skills. Holy smokes, some of those smutty moments had me taking a few minutes to do breathing exercises.And he's got a way of having the last word in a way that leaves you speechless:Flipping off the cap, he threw a lingering look over his shoulder, letting his gaze travel the length of her before he walked out. "By the way, you might want to turn the heat up in there. You look cold." IKR? Cat, who I adored in the first book, kind of pissed me off a little in this one. Which is why I docked a star off the review. She seemed almost weak, even with her focus of what she wants in life, from her career and seemingly her romantic relationships. She does, however, have the most bizarre sense of humor:Lacey lifted her chin. "Nope. What you should do is make sure you're not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.""That's the stupidest expression ever. Who throws out a baby Like, Oh, oops. Didn't see you there, li'l fella.' Not to mention, you'd think they'd cry when they landed and you'd catch your mistake in time to scoop it back into the bath."And I need to mention Courtney. When you read the book you'll know who she is. And she has me intrigued. Christine clued me in and she'll be the next heroine, and due to her (hinted) abusive past, I'm wondering how that book will pan out. Very intrigued.But, regardless of Cat's annoying moments, this was fun, fun, fun, hot, smutty, fun and a really fast and enjoyable read.