eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Bloodlines the Indigo Spell (Bloodlines (Mead - Hardcover))

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead So far, this is the best of the 3. I had so much fun reading The Indigo Spell.Sydney who, up until The Golden Lily, is very strict and hard on herself and the alchemist convictions and religious beliefs, throws caution to the wind when it comes to harnessing the magic in her blood. She takes Mrs. Terwilliger's lessons to heart, does some extra, and with Adrian's help - discovers some of her inner passion, too.And speaking of Adrian. OMUnf. That boy... vampire... whatever you want to see him as - He. Is. Perfection. Adrian is really shining in this book. He is open with Sydney about his feelings and wants. He takes his own life in his hands and nurtures his talent. He shows her his support and teaches her to realize her self. He's funny, witty, mischievous and surprisingly - responsible. And I absolutely loved his love for Sydney.Then you have the rest of the gang. They are up to their usual shenanigans, but surprisingly manage to take care of themselves most of the time. Two new characters introduced in this book are Ian, a fellow alchemist who sets Sydney's blood to boil with agitation and Marcus, an ex-alchemist who now fights against the alchemists in favor of the Moroi and Dhampirs. He tries to recruit Sydney to his cause, and moderately succeeds, but not in the way he wanted. And of course, everything comes to a head at the end of the book, but ends in a way that leaves you very curious for the next installment.I'm rating this a little higher than 4.5 stars.