eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

Covet

Covet - Tracey Garvis Graves I never thought I'd feel so deeply about a book dealing with marital issues. I'm not married yet and haven't had the chance (and hopefully I won't) to deal with married life crises, whatever level they come at you. Every emotion, every twist in the plot, every crack in the characters' life affected me. I felt like I was going through every single one, right along with them.Claire and Chris Canton have been married for 12 years. They live a charmed life in a Kansas City suburb, nice neighborhood, 2 beautiful children, both have jobs they love and are financially sound. And then Chris loses his job. The surprising thing is that at this point, he seems optimistic about the future and his chances to find another job, even if they are right in the heart of the financial crisis; the year is 2009.Claire meets a new, handsome cop, at traffic stop. Daniel Rush is immediately taken with Claire, and goes out of his way to help her with a neighborhood issue, and pretty much hands her a graphics job for the police department. Their friendship slowly grows and they get close. And things get dangerous. At this point I'm all flustered - I want something to happen with Daniel and I don't want Claire to cheat. And I'm... WHAT. IS. GOING. ON.????? blog.