eleanorn

The Book Hammock (Eleanor)

The Prince

The Prince (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz A little spoilery, sorry, couldn't help it. Writing this review helped me digest all the twists and turns in this book. It deserves all the rating stars from all the rating sites, rolled into this book. With a cherry on top. Yum!This book… ok, here goes. Oh, this book. It was SO insanely emotional, I can't sort out my happy from my sad from my frustrated from my horny from my I don't even know!!! The Prince picks up literally seconds… minutes… after The Angel ended. The story is in thirds, which is both amazing for tension and annoying as hell, since Tiffany Reisz, as usual, is a mindfucker extraordinaire and leaves each part with a little, and sometimes not so little, ...Nora, having left Søren at the end of The Angel is on her way to KY with Wesley. And meeting the parents was nothing short of hilarious for me. The woman has no filter, and couldn't give a shit about anything other than the people she loves. In this case, Wesley. Wesley both changed and matured in the past 15 months he and Nora were apart. He also stayed the same innocent boy Nora remembered. However, in the course of his time with Nora in KY, I felt he's made a complete 180. His love and care for her make him put Nora first with little regard to his own feelings and what his other loved ones think or feel. That's not to say those things aren't important for him. After reading the book, though, I can honestly say I believe one hundred percent that Nora doesn't belong with Wes. She won't ever be whole with him, as he can't give her everything she needs, not to mention wants.We get to meet one of Nora's past , non other than an Arabian prince. A handsome, rich, thoroughbred race horses owner.While Nora is "down south" playing footsie with Wesley and horse racing games, Søren and Kingsley are troubled with freaky and disturbing incidents. All linked to one person. Their investigation takes us on a journey to their past. Literally and figuratively. Kingsley is learning to cope with his guilt over his sister's death, deal with the memory of her. With his never ending feelings for Søren, with hating Nora and loving her at the same time. I'm not sure, but I feel like he only loves Nora because of how much he knows Søren loves her and wouldn't hurt her for it would hurt Søren and he'll do absolutely EVERYTHING for that never happen.There are some steamy moments and some more than steamy moments, and we get a lot of how their friendship and love for each other began. We fight with their demons and our demons as readers for what they're feeling. And let me tell you - they're feeling a LOT! When the words "God closed his eyes." were read - my heart both soared and ached. It was an amazing feeling.I don't know how to deal with all of the boy/boy love in this book. Not for any other reason than that I am absolutely and utterly convinced Søren belongs with Nora. My heart flutters when he calls her "little one" and always will.The most surprising thing is that at the end of the book, and I'm certain I'm right, Nora knew, recognized the "blip", which is why she answered the way she did to Wesley's question. Only, it didn't help her. And although Wesley didn't want Nora to ever leave, he did the hardest thing he could do and called his arch nemesis for help.I'm positive the most tense and mindfucking book I will read (possibly ever) is The Mistress. Positive.One thing I take from Tiffany Reisz's stories is this: Oh, and her incredible talent to be explicit, yet tasteful. Now that's art!Side note: I might be the only person in the world not raging from that ending. But I love it. LOVE!